Freight and Packing Guidelines
All items must be labeled with name, contact information and destination.
- Pets must remain in a pet cage and the owner must stay with the pet, which will remain in the designated pet area, on the outer deck, at all times while underway.
- Please reserve space for pet transport, there is a maximum number of pets allowed to be transported each day, due to space restrictions.
- Pets weighing 100 lbs. or less are allowed on the boats.
The following are the pet related rates:
- Lady of the Lake Summer and Lady Express Winter: $10.00 one-way in the owner’s cage / $15.50 one-way in a Boat Company cage.
- Lady Express Summer: $25.00 one-way in the owner’s cage
- The charge is per pet, not per cage. If 2 pets are transported together in one Boat Company cage, the charge is $25.50 each way ($15.50 + $10.00). Pets may only be combined into one cage if the size of the cage will comfortably accommodate both of them. Lake Chelan Boat Company does not guarantee the availability of cages large enough to accommodate two pets.
For the pet and service animal policy click here
Passenger Freight Allowances
- Each adult ticket includes 2 bags or boxes (weighing no more than 100 lbs combined)
- Each child ticket includes 1 bag or box (weighing no more than 50 lbs)
- No single parcel is to exceed 75 lbs.
- Carrier reserves the right to refuse any baggage incapable or being handled either due to a lack of available space or the size, weight or condition of the baggage.
- Freight exceeding the weight allowed with ticket purchase will be charged at a minimum of $5.00 per parcel or $.10 per lb. whichever is greater.
- Each passenger is allowed one carry-on item and it must be stowed below your seat. All other belongings must be stowed as freight.
Unaccompanied Freight Shipments
- Unaccompanied freight from non-passengers will be charged at a minimum of $15.00 or $.25 per lb. whichever is greater
- Unaccompanied freight from commercial shippers will be charged at a minimum of $7.75 or $.10 per lb. whichever is greater
- Baggage must be in suitable (sturdy) containers or packages that are able to be safely stacked and stowed, without causing damage to that package or to the belongings of others.
- No plastic or paper bags
- No shoes/boots or poles tied onto bag/packs
- No hooks on fishing poles
- Must have ice-ax and cramp-ons removed and set aside for individual loading
- Remove dangling items such as shoes, boots, clothing, Nalgene bottles, hiking poles, etc.
- All strollers must be empty, collapsed and stowed underway.
- Umbrella strollers are allowed as normal freight.
- Normal size bicycles – $20.00 one-way
- Electric bikes – $35.00 one-way
- If you do not wish to take your bike, there are bike rentals in Stehekin that we provide during the spring/summer/fall months
- Unassembled, crated bicycles will be charged according to weight at normal freight rates
- Please reserve space for bike transport, there is a maximum number of bikes allowed to be transported each day, due to space restrictions.
- Please remove hooks before boarding the boat
- Canoes, Boats and Paddle boards, etc are NOT allowed or transported on the vessels
- Kayaks are allowed by reservation only, due to space restrictions we only transport 3 at a time, not available during Holiday periods or on the Lady Express.
- Small Kayak (up to 12 ft): $25.00 one-way
- Large Kayak (over 12 ft): $35.00 one-way
- Express: Cannot Exceed 15ft in length
- Lady of the Lake: Cannot Exceed 18ft in length
- The compartments in the kayak must be empty.
- Kayaks are transported to and from regular stops only, not flag stops.
- Kayaks must be able to be stacked. If they are fragile and cannot be stacked we are not able to take them.
- Must be unloaded with the bolt open
- Must be presented to the Captains separate from other luggage
- Will be transported in the pilot house with the Captains – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Allowed in small quantities necessary for cooking.
- Must be presented to the Captains separate from other luggage for proper storage per state safety regulations
- No Gasoline
Gas Powered Items
- No motorized vehicles – including scooters and mopeds
- Chainsaws must be empty of fuel with the blade padded and wrapped