UPDATED – MASKS ARE REQUIRED JULY 2020
Thank you for your consideration of traveling with us this summer considering what is going on and the choices you must make this vacation season. It is your decision when it is the right time to go out and travel again and we will honor and respect that. We want everyone to always be safe, feel safe, and comfortable while traveling with us.
**If you are at all uncomfortable about traveling with others, or at risk, we recommend not traveling with us at this time. Being a ferry service, we have limited space and cannot guarantee 6-feet of social distancing on the Lady Express.**
Here is what you will be seeing from us for Summer 2020:
- MASKS are required unless you have a medical reason to not wear one. You are making a choice to board a confined space vessel. Yes, you have plenty of options to sit outside but please do your part to keep us all safe and wear your masks.
- Reduced Capacity on all Vessels.
- The Lady Express is rated for 149 people. We are continuing to try and maintain a comfortable 70-80-person number on all days. Due to the nature of our business we will have people that need a ride that we do not know about and during busy days we may exceed the 80-person limit. We cannot guarantee 6-feet of social distancing on this vessel.
- The Lady of the Lake is rated for 285 people. We will not exceed 125 people on this boat. Social distancing is achievable on this vessel.
- The Lady CAT holds 43 people and we will not exceed 32 on that boat. This is a fully enclosed vessel, no outside seating is available.
- New online ticketing system so passengers can purchase tickets remotely and not come into the office or have a congested line for tickets at Fields Point. Yes, you can still call and purchase tickets or walk into our office. You will however not need a ticket from the office. You can print them at home, or you can check in with your mobile device.
- Dock Spacing:
- You will have ample space to maintain your social distancing at our ports. Please use your own precautions to insure you are comfortable.
- Employee only loading and offloading of freight wherever possible.
- Fencing were appropriate to assist in crowd control.
- Inside Each Boat
- Hand sanitizer
- Employee masks and gloves where appropriate.
- Cleaning high traffic surfaces while under way and/or at the layover ports.
- Continue all current policies, safety procedures and cautions that have already been implemented (you can visit our website in our “News” section more information on what we have already been doing)
- Continue to keep employees at home if they feel sick
- No more than one crew member will be in the pilot house, and no more than 2 crew members on board for the Lady Cat and Lady Express, unless we are training employees.
We do require masks to be worn on our vessels and expect our passengers to comply. We understand you are on vacation but in times like these please make it your responsibility to help protect others while enjoying yourself.
For the most current and up to date information please visit our Facebook Page and Website.
Thank you everyone.
Discover Lake Chelan & Lake Chelan Boat Co. Management Team