All items must be labeled with name, contact information and destination.
- 75 lbs. is allowed per adult ticket at no additional charge
- 40 lbs. is allowed per child ticket at no additional charge
- No single package is to exceed 55 lbs.
- Freight above the allowed limits will be charged an additional charge (see Freight Rates, below)
- Items that cannot be safely stacked and stowed will be taken at the discretion of the Captain and charged at Special Handling Rates (listed below)
- You are allowed one carry-on item. The size limit is 12" wide by 8.5" high by 16" deep, and it must be stowed below your seat. All other belongings must be stowed as freight.
- Freight exceeding the weight allowed with ticket purchase is charged a minimum of $6.75 per 75 lbs. or $.09 per lb. or $.85 per cubic feet, whichever is greater.
- If any single item requires special handling or exceeds 55 pounds, that piece must be charged at Special Handing rates (see Special Handling)
Special Handling Description and Rates
- Individual items in excess of the 55 pound limit (transporting is at the discretion of the Boat Company and Captain) Please inquire if you have a request to transport an item over this weight limit. Occasionally exceptions will be made if the item cannot be broken down and it can be rolled on and off with a hand cart or if the customer loads and unloads the item.
- Items requiring special handling, for example: strollers, flowers, paintings, glass items, or other fragile items.
- Any item that is not able to be safely stacked or stowed with other freight
- Minimum charge for a single “Special Handling” shipment is $13.50 for up to 75 lbs., if over 75 lbs. it is pro-rated at $.18 per lb. or .85 cents per cubic foot, whichever is greater.
- Baggage must be in suitable (sturdy) containers or packages that are able to be safely stacked and stowed, without causing damage to that package or to the belongings of others.
- Baggage must be able to be handled safely and easily in bulk by one person
- No OVERSIZED or BULKY items
- No plastic or paper bags
- No shoes/boots or poles tied onto bag/packs
- No hooks on fishing poles
- Must have ice-ax and cramp-ons removed and set aside for individual loading
- Remove dangling items such as shoes, boots, clothing, Nalgene bottles, hiking poles, etc.
- All strollers must be collapsed and stowed underway.
- Umbrella strollers are allowed as normal freight.
- All other strollers can be transported as Special Handling freight ($13.50 each way) and must be folded down to the smallest size possible.
- $13.50 one-way
- $27.00 round-trip
- Unassembled, crated bicycles will be charged according to weight at normal freight rates
- Please reserve space for bike transport, there is a maximum number of bikes allowed to be transported each day, due to space restrictions.
- Canoes and Boats are NOT allowed or transported on the vessels
- Kayaks are allowed by reservation only, due to space restrictions we only transport 3 at a time.
The charge is .85 cents per cubic foot per one-way.
Length maximums are: May-Oct 15: maximum 18 feet / Oct 16-April 30: maximum 15 feet.
- The compartments in the kayak must be empty.
- Kayaks are transported to and from regular stops only, not flag stops.
- Kayaks must be able to be stacked. If they are fragile and cannot be stacked we are not able to take them.
- Must be unloaded with the bolt open
- Must be presented to the Captains separate from other luggage
- Will be transported in the pilot house with the Captains – NO EXCEPTIONS
- The greater of $22.50 minimum charge or .18 cents per lb one-way per animal
- Game must be gutted and in game bags for transport
- Head and horns must be attached to each other as one parcel
- Animal must be tagged
- Allowed in small quantities necessary for cooking, etc.
- Must be presented to the Captains separate from other luggage for proper storage per state safety regulations
Gas Powered Items
- No motorized vehicles – including scooters and mopeds
- Chainsaws must be empty of fuel with the blade padded and wrapped
For the pet and service animal policy click here